You need a guide for Lion’s Head Hike safety.
Book a guide by contacting us by this link.
- Lions Head hike Cape Town led by an expert guide.
- Pickup and drop off included in Cape Town central.
- Snacks and drinks provided, your choice of hot beverages.
Lions head hike distance takes different people varying times to complete the trail. Lions Head trail is more of a beginners hike, suitable for anyone to hike all day. Lions Head walk is for everyone, that is why this reasonably priced hike is a best seller. We hike up Lions Head reasonably often and always in the best Lions Head weather. Enquire with us about Lions Head hike price. Our tours are the safest experience, including pickup, entrance fees, and a local guide. We even take you on a little photoshoot to get you in those must-have locations.
- Get picked up at your accommodation centrally located to Cape Town.
- Transported to Lion’s Head mountain where you will meet your guide.
- After a Lion’s Head safety briefing, begin your hike up the hill.
- See the incredible flora and fauna on top of Lion’s Head Cape Town.
- Reach the top of Lion’s Head mountain in time for a magnificent view.
- Rest and take some photos while enjoying the panoramic scenery.
- Hike back down where hot drinks and snacks are served as refreshments.
- Hop in the shuttle to complete a journey back to your accommodation.
Lions Head is a famous Cape Town mountain, next to the Signal Hill. The hill named Lion Head is the term used to describe the rock shaped outcast of an imaginary creature. Lions Head South Africa is the Cape Town mountain with an aerial view.
Lions Head Cape Town overlooks much of Cape Town as the trail goes way up on the hill. An excellent time to hike up Lions Head is by taking one of our guided hikes. Get started with climbing Lions Head while our team of experts takes care of your safety.
Lions Head weather is another factor to think about when we take our client to hike. Usually, we do checks many days before to ensure a hike is done during the best time of day, with clear skies.
Cape Town tours for Lions Head Table Mountain depart at different intervals during the day. Lions Head hike times have a selection among sunrise, morning, afternoon and sunset hikes. We tend to hike up Lions Head without a Lions Head trail map.
Why? Our Cape Town walking tour of Lion’s Head uses a guide for the safest experience, plans come into consideration but not without Lions Head weather to keep a check for mountain safety.
Lion’s Head offers exceptional views while the hike is included in the top 10 activities in Cape Town. The Cape Town excursions to Lions Head hike is one of the top things to do in cape town while we offer guided hiking tours to Lion Head.
We recommend hiking Cape Town for the lovely scenery. Mountains in Cape Town on day trips are one of the many things to do in Cape Town. Our Table Mountain hike is the best way to climb the flat top mountain, while other Cape Town tours we offer include Lions Head hike.
See the many Cape Town attractions from above, with half a day of hiking. Cape Town, the city in South Africa, boasts many of the best hiking trails in the world. Table Mountain, in particular, with her many courses and home to the world-renowned Table Top mountain, is a reason to get excited about hiking the Mother City. Lion’s Head, another Cape Town mountain, is a place where the city meets the backdrop of the mountains and ocean. There on Lion Head, you will find a place like none other to photograph Cape Town on tours.
- Pickup – Transport arrives at your accommodation.
- 15 minutes: Transport – To Lion’s Head, where you will begin your hike.
- 45 minutes: Start – Begin your journey up Lions Head with your guide.
- 15 minutes: Summit – Get to the top of the mountain to take photographs.
- 30 minutes Rest and snacks with the photoshoot, pictures taken in all directions.
- 1 hour Return – Back to the foot of the mountain where transport awaits.
- 15 minutes Drop-off – To your accommodation or another centrally located place.
Total time: 3 hours.
You will be back at your accommodation within 3 hours.
- Lion’s Head sunrise hike.Times: 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
- Lion’s Head morning hike. Times: 7:00
- Lion’s Head afternoon hike. Times: 10:00
1150 ZAR = $80 per person
- FREE pickup.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Entrance fees.
Transport to Lion’s Head is provided for FREE on lionsheadhike.com guided hiking tours within Cape Town areas. (Green Point, Sea Point, Camps Bay, Gardens, Vredehoek, Oranjezicht, Tamboorskloof, Three Anchor Bay, Fresnaye, Bantry Bay, Clifton, Foreshore) Self-drive directions to Lion’s Head: Drive from Cape Town central up Kloof Nek Road towards Camps Bay. Reach the Signal Hill Road turn off, Turn right onto Signal Hill Road, continue for 100 meters. Lion’s Head parking will be on your right. There will be a sign on the left, written Friends of Lion’s Head and the official SANParks notice.
What to wear
- A pullover to stay warm
- Carry bag for refreshments
Cost: R1150 = $80 Per person.